Items discussed at Parents Association Meeting – Thursday 27th February.
- Communion Committee – Plans in place for GAA Party. Letter to be sent to 1st Class parents.
- Discussion around hand sanitizers and paper towels (ask Principal for update).
- Discussion around shelters (ask BOM for update).
- Date for Easter Raffle – April 2nd.
- Teacher retention – will school retain same number of class teachers?
- Will there be a split class in September? (ask Principal regarding same).
Dear Parent/Guardian, School will be closed from today until 29th March. Each child is being given a folder/list of work today to be completed over the next two weeks. Please continue to follow the safety guidelines regarding hand washing, coughing/sneezing into sleeve and not touching face. Continue to be alert and not alarmed.
Updated advice from the Chief Medical Officer to Parents of School & Pre- School Children regarding the Coronavirus.
Board of Management Meeting – 25th February 2020
1. The BOM commented favourably on the enrolment procedure and complimented all staff on their contribution to the Open Day. There are presently 23 pupils enrolled for next year.
2. The BOM complimented students and staff involved in Feis Maitiu, swimming, rugby, speech and drama, cycling, Confirmation & Communion practice.
3. Approval was given for the installation of an appropriate shelter at the entrance to provide for pupils in wet weather.
4.Some initial suggestions on ways of enhancing school facilities and ancillary services were considered.
5. After initial consideration of the School Admission Policy it was agreed to await DES guidelines before completing the review of the existing policy.
6.The Board offered its sincere sympathies to the family of Sofia and Anna Rusu on the death of their mother Victoria.