Catherine O’Neill from Skibbereen became a Presentation Sister and founded the Presentation Convent in Bandon. On 20th May 1829 the Presentation Convent opened its doors to the children of Bandon (boys and girls).
As there was no school yet built the children all attended class in the convent. The first Presentation School was built in 1876.
The school building we are in now comprises of twelve classrooms. This school was built in 1973.
In 1983 an extension consisting of the PE hall, a kitchenette, Staff Room, Library, Resource Room and extra storage rooms were added to this building. A Special Needs class began here in 1985.
At present there are 9 Mainstream classes, 1 Junior ASD class, SEN teachers, Special Needs Assistants, Secretary and Caretaker in the school.