BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
BOM – Agreed Report 6/12/2022
Agreed report to be shared with staff and Parents Association from Board of Management meeting 06/12/2022 In attendance: Jill Kelly, Stephen Murphy, Anne Crowley, Hilary O’Farrell, Paddy Duggan, Aideen Crowley, Alan Kelly & Eithne O’Mahony
• Minutes from previous meeting 13/10/22 were proposed and seconded.
• Matters Arising: CPD has been sanctioned for staff in digital upskilling in line with new Digital Strategy. Digital Committee will meet to discuss same. Research will be carried out into which option is more suitable: purchase versus rent of I-pads.
• Thank You card was read from Mrs. Carmel Cotter Bowdren.
• Principals Report including:
▪ Updated AP 1 / AP 2 posts were sanctioned and the vacant posts will be advertised in the New Year.
▪ Admissions Statement within the Admissions Policy will be updated with the new mandated text as issued by the Department of Education in circular 75/2022.
▪ Open Day/ Night will take place on Thursday, January 26th .
▪ The Board was informed of all repairs and maintenance issues relating to the upkeep of the school.
▪ Funding has been sanctioned for purchase of more maths equipment.
▪ The Board was informed of recent CPD attended by staff and Mrs. Kelly’s Misneach training programme.
▪ The Board was informed of 2 charities supported this year in the school (Shoebox Appeal /Penny Dinners). ▪ It was acknowledged that the school ran a very successful Book Fair this year.
▪ Carol Singing will take place on December 19th in Riverview Shopping Centre for 3rd – 6 th Classes.
▪ Junior and Senior Infants will perform their nativity on December 15th .
▪ Presentation Day was marked by the school. Representatives visited and presented cards to the nuns.
▪ Parents Association was thanked for their contribution and organisation of activities in the school to date this year.
▪ Condolences were expressed to Fiona Barry on the passing of her mother.
▪ The updated Anti-Bullying Policy and Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment were ratified by the Board.
• Proposed date for next meeting is January 31st 2023.
The current Board of Management are:
Chairperson – Mr Paddy Duggan
Secretary/Principal – Ms Gillian Kelly
Patrons Representative – Ms Anne Crowley
Community Representative – Ms Aideen Crowley
Community Representative – Mr Stephen Murphy
Teacher Representative – Ms Eithne O’Mahony
Parent Representative – Ms Hilary O’Farrell
Parent Representative – Mr Alan Kelly